This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Algol Front End
- From: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- To: scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 07 May 2002 09:46:25 +0200
- Subject: RE: Algol Front End
- References: <FKEAJLBKJCGBDJJIPJLJIEKJCFAA.email@example.com>
Op di 07-05-2002, om 02:23 schreef Scott Robert Ladd:
> A Fortran 95 project already exists, although it seems a bit moribund at the
It's still alive and kicking. It just seems that Andy Vaught has other
preoccupations right now, but I'm working on it almost every day, and so
are a handful other people. The parser mostly works, and right now we're
looking at how to interface with the back-end.
If you're interested in helping, you're welcome! We still have a few big
projects (most notably the runtime libraries and a scalarizer).
> As for other languages, I would be most interested in Modula-2, given that I
> used that language extensively back in the 1980s. I know it had some
> popularity in certain circles, especially in Europe.
It already exists, but I'm not sure how well it works.