Re: Ada does not build (line too long)

Simon Wright wrote:

> > From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
>
> > Perhaps we should merge the changes from mainline which eliminates
> > the revision numbers for these files.  Comments?
>
> I'm surprised that $Revision$ is omitted from other parts of GCC, but
> no doubt there are very good reasons!

Among other things, it's a disaster when people import the FSF
sources into their own repositories.  In the worst cases, CVS
will actually report conflicts needing manual resolution, perhaps
on hundreds of files.  Doesn't take too many incidents like that
to stimulate dark and evil thoughts about the people using
$Revision$... :-)

Stan