This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.1 branch ada bootstrap fails
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gbsadler1 at lcisp dot com" <gbsadler1 at lcisp dot com>
- Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 15:14:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: 3.1 branch ada bootstrap fails
- References: <20020506202810.GJ2542@codesourcery.com>
--On Monday, May 06, 2002 01:28:10 PM -0700 Zack Weinberg
> On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 11:12:35AM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
>> > I am not sure whether ALL_CFLAGS wouldn't have other junk, such as
>> > unwanted -D switches. However, if it doesn't, it is likely to be
>> > safer to do that.
>> > Can you work up a patch? I've got too many things to juggle right
>> > now, and this is apparently a release concern.
>> For the moment, I decided that it would be better not to propose
>> another solution. Mark has been presented with a couple of alternatives:
>> 1) Documentation change (ADAC should be same as CC).
>> 2) Port from trunk Geoffrey Keating's configure patch to check if
>> -Wno-long-long is supported by the ada driver.
> I'm in favor of (2), for what it's worth; we know it works on the
Do you have a pointer to (2)?
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com