This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Tidy up configure output (was Re: Weird seg fault atconfigure time (in linker eh_frame optimizations))
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 07:52:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Tidy up configure output (was Re: Weird seg fault atconfigure time (in linker eh_frame optimizations))
--On Monday, May 06, 2002 10:03:06 AM +0200 Jakub Jelinek
> On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 01:13:48AM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>> recently the following message started appearing for 3.1 on my
>> i686-pc-linux-gnu (binutils2.12) box:
>> checking whether linker eh_frame optimizations work properly...
>> ../../gcc-3_1-branch/gcc/gcc/configure: line 7813: 10798 Segmentation
>> fault $gcc_cv_ld --eh-frame-hdr -shared -o conftest.so conftest.o
>> 1>&5 2>&1
I can see us getting a fair number of bug reports about this.
Jakub, if you've tested this on one system with the bad binutils and one
system with the good binutils, and confirmed that the right thing happens
in both cases, it's OK for the branch.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com