This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: make check errors with gcc-3.1
- From: Stephen L Moshier <steve at moshier dot net>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 07:13:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: make check errors with gcc-3.1
On Sun, 5 May 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 09:52:20PM -0400, Stephen L Moshier wrote:
> > Using gcc-3.1 from the current CVS branch, I am getting these errors
> > from make check on glibc-2.2.5. There are no errors when building
> > with gcc-2.95.3. The computer is an x86 AMD athlon. Are these
> > legitimate, known, being worked on, ...?
> > make: *** [/e/b/arc/linux/glibc/build225/math/test-float.out] Error 1
> > /e/b/arc/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.1/../../../../i486-linux/bin/ld:
> > Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.
> This one means that you need to use a newer binutils.
Can you say what version of binutils is required?
I think that ought to be documented in install.texi of gcc.
The one that was used above is version 184.108.40.206.27.