GCC 3.1 Integration Tests

I read the GCC 3.1 Release Criteria web page, and noticed that in the
Integration Tests subsection is the Linux kernel 2.4.18.  Yesterday, I
downloaded the GCC 3.1-0.26 software RPM packages from the Red Hat Linux
Rawhide ftp site.  I also have their latest development i686 kernel
binaries and source files, version 2.4.18-0.26.  Last night I was ,for
the first time, able to successfully compile and build a custom kernel
and module set using the GCC 3.1 compiler.  Thus far my system has been
stable on the new custom kernel; no errors or faults of any kind.  So,
it seems the GCC programmers don't have to be embarrassed by GCC not
compiling the latest (RedHat Rawhide distribution) kernel correctly, out
of the box.

~John Sweeney
~Computer Science major