This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: material for 3.1 release announcement
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 09:53:59 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: material for 3.1 release announcement
On Sat, 4 May 2002, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> ! <li><p><a href="http://www.suse.de/~aj/SPEC/">SPEC2000</a> and <a
> ! href="http://people.redhat.com/dnovillo/SPEC/">SPEC95</a> benchmark suites
> are now used daily to monitor performance of the generated code.
There seems </p> missing here.
> + <li<p>Support for data prefetching instructions has been added to the GCC
<li> is sufficient.
> + backend and several targets. New <code>__builtin_prefetch</code>
"back end". "A new..."
> ! code — especially on the Pentium 4. Note that only sclar floating
> ! point instructions are used and GCC does not exploit SIMD features yet.</li>
Fine with these changes. Please run the verifier (link in the lower right
corner) after committing to make sure we didn't miss anything.
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/