This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.1 changes.html and the NRVO
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 23:40:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: 3.1 changes.html and the NRVO
- References: <20020502172937.A13390@disaster.basement.lan>
>>>>> "Phil" == Phil Edwards <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Didn't we used to do the NRVO at one time? In which case, shouldn't that
> line read, "G++ again supports"? I.e., s/now/again/ ?
No, we used to have an extension whereby you could explicitly request the
NRVO, using syntax something like
A f () return a;
a += 2;
The compiler will now do this automatically for standard-conforming code.