This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 5904: maintainership of GNU Ada
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk (Joseph S. Myers)
- Cc: Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 14:18:09 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: PR 5904: maintainership of GNU Ada
> On Thu, 2 May 2002, Joe Buck wrote:
> > I asked a while back if there were any remaining "political" Ada issues
> > (other than the battles over requirements for bootstrapping). There
> > is still PR 5904, marked as "high": many files say
> > * GNAT was originally developed by the GNAT team at New York University. *
> > * It is now maintained by Ada Core Technologies Inc (http://www.gnat.com). *
> A slightly related issue: the bogus "contact ACT" and "ACT does not
> currently supply" references are still present in the Ada front end
> manual; all of them in the 3.1 branch manual, and one in the mainline
> manual (PR ada/6399).
My patch makes changes only to files listing the Free Software Foundation
as the copyright holder. The manuals still list ACT as copyright holder:
I don't know if they have been contributed or not.