This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Anyone got irix5? I have questions about your ctype implementation
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 11:35:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: Anyone got irix5? I have questions about your ctype implementation
- References: <200205020414.AAA15565@caip.rutgers.edu> <20020503013353.GA2985@redhat.com> <200205031423.KAA13608@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:23:36AM -0400, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > From: Christopher Faylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Hi,
> > I have access to one of those systems but I'd rather not bootstrap gcc
> > for it if I don't have to. :-)
> > I've included ctype.h. I hope I'm not one of 500 people spamming you
> > with this info.
> > Btw, here's the uname -a info:
> > IRIX ohreally 5.3 02091401 IP22 mips
> > cgf
>Thanks very much! Based on what you sent me, I concluded that irix5
>handles __ctype the same way as irix6.2 so the change I was
>considering applied to both OSes. Here's the patch that I generated
>thanks to your help:
>If you decide to bootstrap on irix5, your g++ and libstdc++ testsuite
>results will look bad unless you get some patches I'm working on.
>(Not all of the have been submitted yet.) So let me know if you
>change your mind about bootstrapping it. :-)
My only reservation is that the machine has limited disk space and
is *slow*. Maybe if I'm inspired at some point on a rainy afternoon,
I might try it, though.