This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: material for 3.1 release announcement
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 14:17:50 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: material for 3.1 release announcement
On Thu, 2 May 2002, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> Hard register copy propagation by Richard Henderson, alias
> analysis/alignment stuff by Richard Kenner, tree based inlining on C by
> Alexandre (is that already in 3.0?), but I don't feel authorized to
> write about.
Ideally those having contributed the improvements would write something.
> Perhaps we can just mention that the spec2000 results are better by
> about 6% on -O2 level of optimizations (8.2% with PDO) compared to gcc
> 3.0, while gcc 3.0 improved by 2.1% compared to gcc 2.95 according to
> the Andreas tester.
Yes, please add this (probably under "General Optimizer Improvements").
PS: I'll have very intermittent Internet access for the next few days.
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/