This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
gcc 3.1 release criteria
- From: Sven Lundblad <svlu at enea dot se>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 12:28:10 +0200
- Subject: gcc 3.1 release criteria
- Organization: OSE Systems
We are about to take a decision whenever to use gcc 3.1 or 3.0.4 in our
project (mips and powerpc targets). Some of 3.1 features appeal to us
such as altivec for powerpc but we need to sure that 3.1 will be
available before we ramp up our project to choose that one. Hence my
question is how close 3.1 is to its release criteria and when (ballpark
figure) gcc 3.1 can be expected to be delivered.
If gcc 3.1 is to be released real soon now (i.e. two weeks from now) we
will probably start develop with a 3.1 snapshot and as soon as possible
upgrade to the official release.