adaint.h include file question

Hi,

adaint.h includes dirent.h.  On some *-rtems targets (arm and
hppa1.1), it wasn't ending up including stdio.h and got compile
errors.  On other targets, it was OK.  The include file set
from the RTEMS side is the same so I am curious if anyone
could explain this.  Right now, I have added the following
to adaint.h and it works but I would like to understand
better.

#if defined(__rtems__)
#include <stdio.h>
#endif

Thanks.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985