Re: Still failing to bootstrap on Solaris (CONFIG_SHELL doesn't help)

Alexandre wrote:
> This is a different problem.  It's the hideous bug in Solaris that
> won't let you create a library if it finds another pre-installed
> library with the same SONAME.  This is even documented, and it's the
> reason why libjava is (or used to be) disabled on Solaris 7 if it was
> found to be previously installed.

Ah!  The right answer.

I blew away the previously-partially-installed libgjc.* files in libdir,
did contrib/update_gcc, and rebuilt, and I got a complete successful
build.  The Java libraries seem to require almost twice as much time as
everything else put together, but eventually the build succeeded.

So the combination of CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh and ensuring that there are
no libgjc files lying around in $prefix/lib suffices.