Re: Still failing to bootstrap on Solaris (CONFIG_SHELL doesn'thelp)

   From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>
   Date: 02 May 2002 16:18:52 -0300

   On May  2, 2002, "David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com> wrote:

   > and from what I can tell, it is intentional behavior and not a bug in
   > the Solaris linker.

   If linking with `.libs/libgcj.so -L.libs -lgcj' fails but `-L.libs
   -lgcj -lgcj' works, because the linker thinks they're two different
   libraries with the same SONAME in the former case and it notices
   they're the same library in the latter, it sounds like a linker bug to
   me.

Aha!  I think this is the key.  Maybe we need to specify the
correct '-h' option to Solaris's native linker to make this work?

See:

	http://sundocs.princeton.edu:8888/ab2/coll.45.13/LLM/@Ab2PageView/6238?

Specifically, section "Recording a Shared Object Name."

I apologize in advance if this has been talked about already.  There
is a lot of material, both in the list archives and other places,
where this topic has been discussed to death and I admit I have not
read all of it yet.