This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: material for 3.1 release announcement
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:14:36 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: material for 3.1 release announcement
On Thu, 2 May 2002, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> ! <li>Jan Hubicka, SuSE Labs, together with Richard Henderson, Red Hat, and
> ! Andreas Jaeger, SuSE Labs, has contributed <a
> ! href="news/profiledriven.html">infrastructure for profile driven
> ! optimizations</a>
"." at the end of the sentence, and paragraphs need to start with <p>
and end with </p>.
> ! <p>
> ! Options -fprofile-arcs and -fbranch-probabilities can now be used to
> ! improve speed of the generated code by profiling the actual program
> ! behaviour on typical run. In the absence of profile info compiler
> ! attempts to guess the profile statically.</p>
<code>-fprofile-arcs</code> and <code>-fbranch-probabilities</code>
"on typical runs" or "on a typical run".
Fine with these changes. Thanks!
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/