This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: material for 3.1 release announcement
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 18:50:25 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: material for 3.1 release announcement
On Thu, 2 May 2002, Joe Buck wrote:
> It seems that no one has collected a list of features to brag about for
> the 3.1 release. Some highlights off the top of my head:
> * New x86 backend, with much better codegen for newer Intel processors
> including the P4, which was handled poorly by earlier gcc's.
> * Sparc version: one compiler generates both 32-bit and 64-bit code (-m64)
> * New AMD Hammer (x86-64) backend.
> * Integrated GNU Ada frontend.
> * Much-improved C++ standard library with great Doxygen-generated
> hypertext documentation.
> * Many bug fixes.
> Please send suggestions for others, or any comments on the above list.
...and go ahead an commit patches describing any such new features
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/