This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
material for 3.1 release announcement
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: material for 3.1 release announcement
It seems that no one has collected a list of features to brag about for
the 3.1 release. Some highlights off the top of my head:
* New x86 backend, with much better codegen for newer Intel processors
including the P4, which was handled poorly by earlier gcc's.
* Sparc version: one compiler generates both 32-bit and 64-bit code (-m64)
* New AMD Hammer (x86-64) backend.
* Integrated GNU Ada frontend.
* Much-improved C++ standard library with great Doxygen-generated
* Many bug fixes.
Please send suggestions for others, or any comments on the above list.