Re: Variable too large

There are places in the front-end that attempt to return -1 to
indicate an invalid or
unknown size.  (e.g., they assume a ssize_t, not size_t).

This of course presently causes some compiler crashes when it
attempts to allocate a 4GB
object - so clearly the API is less than satisfactory as it currently
is implemented :-)

--
		    Quality Software Management
		http://home.earthlink.net/~qsmgmt

	Software Process Improvement / Management Consulting
	     Language Design / Compiler Implementation