This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ada] Patch to fix bug reporting instructions (3.1 branch)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:32:51 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [Ada] Patch to fix bug reporting instructions (3.1 branch)
On Thu, 2 May 2002, Richard Kenner wrote:
> compile pieces of GNAT. As Robert points out, we do not support this for
> C, so we shouldn't for Ada.
For C, libiberty gets compiled with the bootstrap compiler, then does not
get recompiled by GCC for the subsequent stages of bootstrap. There's
been the occasional issue with this on systems supporting multiple ABIs /
binary formats, but in general it works - which seems fairly similar to
the situation with Ada.
Joseph S. Myers