This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ada] Patch to fix bug reporting instructions (3.1 branch)
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 2 May 02 08:21:08 EDT
- Subject: Re: [Ada] Patch to fix bug reporting instructions (3.1 branch)
The gnatgcc support patch was accepted some time ago,
It should not have been. I was against it at the time for precisely the
reasons that we have seen occurring. I agree it's too late to remove that
patch, but I would prefer to "unsupport" it by removing the discussion
of that option from the installation documentation. Note that the problem
with this option is that it results in different compilers being used to
compile pieces of GNAT. As Robert points out, we do not support this for
C, so we shouldn't for Ada.