Re: Still failing to bootstrap on Solaris (CONFIG_SHELL doesn'thelp)

   From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>
   Date: 02 May 2002 02:46:21 -0300

   This is a different problem.  It's the hideous bug in Solaris that
   won't let you create a library if it finds another pre-installed
   library with the same SONAME.
   Hmm...  I wonder why we've never run into this problem on Solaris 7
   before.  Perhaps there's some new patch for Solaris 7's ld that merged
   the lossage from Solaris 8? :-(

For reference the most detailed posting I can find on this
issue is:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-03/msg00348.html

and from what I can tell, it is intentional behavior and not a bug in
the Solaris linker.  Why do we need to specify -lgcj when linking
together libgcj.so?  That looks bogus...