This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Still failing to bootstrap on Solaris (CONFIG_SHELL doesn'thelp)
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com
- Cc: Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com, rth at redhat dot com, glebourgeois at amadeus dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 22:46:30 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Still failing to bootstrap on Solaris (CONFIG_SHELL doesn'thelp)
- References: <200205020339.UAA17304@atrus.synopsys.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com>
Date: 02 May 2002 02:46:21 -0300
This is a different problem. It's the hideous bug in Solaris that
won't let you create a library if it finds another pre-installed
library with the same SONAME.
Hmm... I wonder why we've never run into this problem on Solaris 7
before. Perhaps there's some new patch for Solaris 7's ld that merged
the lossage from Solaris 8? :-(
For reference the most detailed posting I can find on this
and from what I can tell, it is intentional behavior and not a bug in
the Solaris linker. Why do we need to specify -lgcj when linking
together libgcj.so? That looks bogus...