Re: [Ada] Patch to fix bug reporting instructions (3.1 branch)

> Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 23:06:43 +0100 (BST)
> From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
> To: Geert Bosch <bosch@gnat.com>
> cc: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>

> Could the SC please consider this issue?

Could the SC please declare a moratorium on discussion of all these
issues.  I think this is the better result.

The right approach is to let the Ada folks to anything they want, and
after the _first_ release, for them to discover what users want, and
users needs are and then to try and address them.  And then do another
release, and see if that is what was wanted by the community.  After a
few releases, either, you want to donate your time to help them, or to
replace them, or you don't.  The steering committee is there to decide
if they should be replaced by you.

The SC doesn't exist to micromanage any part of the software, honest.