This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrap error with gcc-20020429 snapshot on Sun / Solaris8
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: phil at jaj dot com (Phil Edwards)
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com (Alexandre Oliva),Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), rth at redhat dot com (Richard Henderson),gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 17:10:37 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Bootstrap error with gcc-20020429 snapshot on Sun / Solaris8
> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 08:54:15PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > On May 1, 2002, Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> wrote:
> > > The installation instructions should be modified if this is required.
> > It is not required. The bug comes and goes at random. I haven't had
> How about for 3.2 we /make/ it required, and automate it in the top-level
> configury? Solaris' /bin/sh has become enough of an annoyance to deserve
> that, IMHO.
What matters is that when we release 3.1, people who follow the directions
should wind up with a compiler.