This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [HELP WANTED] toplevel configure, make, and RANLIB
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at doctormoo dot dyndns dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:49:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: [HELP WANTED] toplevel configure, make, and RANLIB
- References: <20020501172318.GA23388@doctormoo.dyndns.org>
On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 01:23:18PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> I'm trying to autoconfiscate the top level directory and it's going
> well. I am, however, running up against one extremely irritating
> problem: RANLIB.
An entirely serious although somewhat snarky suggestion: Simply
eliminate all references to RANLIB everywhere. It is needed only on
old, obsolete systems.