Re: CVS error on ppc

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Blake <ebb9@email.byu.edu> writes:

Eric> You're not the only one.  Something is wrong in the Makefile
Eric> script, because I got the same error on a RedHat box:

Eric> I'm not sure who is responsible, but would you like to file a
Eric> high-priority PR since you found it first? I'm cc'ing the gcc
Eric> list, in case anyone knows what went wrong.

I saw this the other day.

This happens when you rebuild an already-built tree.  A configury
change will make things mess up in just this way.

I fixed it by removing the bogus symlink from the source tree,
updating to get the missing file, and then rebuilding from scratch.
There may be something less drastic you can do.

This definitely isn't a high-priority PR thing.  The problem only
manifests when rebuilding a tree that was built before this change (I
think) went in:

    2002-04-16  DJ Delorie  <dj@redhat.com>

	    * configure.in: Allow building in $srcdir.
	    * configure: Regenerated.

It shouldn't happen for any clean build.

Tom