Re: GCC 3.0.4 on AIX 5.1

>>>>> Jubin  writes:

Jubin> I am trying to compile GCC 3.0.4 on IBM AIX 5.1 . But configure is running
Jubin> each and every time for multilib.
Jubin> So i don't how much time the compilation is going to take.
Jubin> Please let me know how i can increase the speed.
Jubin> Or is ti safe to turn off the multilib option;

	It is not safe to turn of the multilib options unless you intend
to not produce certain types of applications (no pthreads, no 64-bit apps,
etc.)

	You can increase the build time somewhat by installing Bash and
adding

SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash

to your "make" invocation.  If you have a multiprocessor system with
enough memory, you can use the "-j" option of Make to compile multiple
files simultaneously.

	On a uniprocessor system, a full bootstrap without running the
regression testsuite takes about 7 hours.

David