This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc-20020429 make info failure
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: "Neal D. Becker" <nbecker at hns dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 14:35:34 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: gcc-20020429 make info failure
On 1 May 2002, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> But why didn't "make install" install the info in the first place?
> What is the correct procedure?
"make install" will install the info files if present. They'll be present
if makeinfo >=4.1 was installed when you configured, or if you use a
release or prerelease tarball instead of a snapshot or CVS.
Joseph S. Myers