Re: success gcc-3.1-20020423 on macosx

Konstantin Olchanski wrote:

> These kludges had to be applied to the gcc tree before I could bootstrap:
>  1) add real functions for isalnum() and friends (if libstdc++ authors wants
>     them to be real functions, why do *I* have to provide the silly
>     wrappers?)

Because it's a bug in Apple's ctype.h which has already been fixed
and will appear in a future release of the OS.  I have a first pass
at the necessary fixincludes fix, but it needs more testing.

>  2) defeat silly games with size_t in Apple's /usr/include/string.h

I need to submit the patch for this, am more inclined to submit
it for a 3.1.1 than to let 3.1 drag out though.

>  3) why is gcc building the soft-float libraries (multilib?)?
>     Does macosx and Darwin run on any FPU-less systems?

Darwin does not need soft-float libraries - another patch that
is in Apple's sources and needs to be extracted.

Stan