PPC multilibs [Re: success gcc-3.1-20020423 on macosx]

Konstantin Olchanski wrote:

>Also:
> 3) why is gcc building the soft-float libraries (multilib?)?
>    Does macosx and Darwin run on any FPU-less systems?

That is a good question. Linux PPC also builds soft-float libraries, I
believe. I configure with --disable-multilib to avoid them. I think PPC
linux and darwin should not multilib by default. Neither the linux nor
darwin kernels need libgcc, afaik, and if they did it should only be
libgcc that is multilibed and not libstdc++, libjava, etc.

regards

Bryce.