This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bootstrap problem on sparc-sun-solaris2.7: libtool configure failed
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Rupert Wood <me at rupey dot net>
- Cc: "'Joe Buck'" <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:40:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: bootstrap problem on sparc-sun-solaris2.7: libtool configure failed
- References: <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D5DD830@whale.softwire.co.uk> <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D56166B@whale.softwire.co.uk>
On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 01:37:14PM +0100, Rupert Wood wrote:
> Joe Buck wrote:
> > updating cache ../config.cache
> > loading cache ../config.cache within ltconfig
> > configure: error: libtool configure failed
> This problem came up last year:
> (Please excuse my old muddled posts.) I think it's a bug in Sun's
> /bin/sh - you get exactly the same behaviour on i686-pc-solaris2.7.
Yep. Must set CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh when configuring.
> I thought someone put a workaround in place to use another shell (one of
> the kshes?) instead of /bin/sh when building on Solaris2.7 - and it
> certainly worked for a while - but I can't find any reference to that
> now. Sorry.
For some strange reason, this is still not the default when configuring
under Solaris. It is, however, documented in the platform-specific
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams