Re: FIX was [Fwd: gcc 3.1 hppa failures]

In message <3CC95504.19F3ACBA@OARcorp.com>, Joel Sherrill writes:
 > --------------0354A57B47FD6107ACFD7FBF
 >

 > With the patch in the attached email, I can build much further.
 > At this point, the problems are newlib and libgloss.  newlib's
 > libc/machine/pa assembly code uses subspa directives and
 > libgloss has a Makefile problem where it reports not having
 > a target.
 >
 > My PA assembly language is WAY too rusty to attempt to fix
 > newlib at this point.
It ought to be pretty simple.

.space $text$
.subspace $code$

Translates to:

.text

.space $text$
.subspace $lit$

Translates to:

.rodata

.space $private$
.subspa $data

Translates to:

.data

.space $private$
.subspa $bss$

Translates to:

.bss

 > So please review and commit the
 > attached patch to the 3.1 and main trunks.  This will close
 > PR6455.
It looks good to me.
jeff