Re: the continuing build problems I'm having

Howdy,

I'm trying to build snapshots and ultimately submit bug reports.
Unfortunately I'm continually having troubles building the snapshots and
other gnu type software due to what I would call a configure problem. Let
me explain. I have a solaris 2.8 system with an ld and as in /usr/ccs/bin,
/usr/local/bin (binutils pkg) and a third directory that's versioned for
the os (i.e., /usr/lsd/SunOS.5.8). Without removing all the ld/as pairs the
configure script seems to always find the /usr/ccs/bin ld/as which is NOT
what I want. Ideally, I would like to see configure take the --prefix= key
value as a HINT as to where to start looking for the "things" it needs. Is
this too much to ask? Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Regards,

George...