Re: inline asm string/line break rules change

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 08:13:18PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
>    I guess you didn't do actual development on the assembly though
>    (= frequent changes).
>
> Andi, now that's just plain rude.

I'm sorry, but this stuff really annoyed me while writing the x86-64
assembly functions.

It is clearly a step backwards for gcc I think. In C the macros with
line continuation are worse enough (but at least emacs has some
convenient functions to not make it as painful), but maintaining
\n\t" and " or \n\  at each line ending is much worse and somewhat
of a shame for something not designed in the 60ies.

I'll shut up on this issue now and perhaps think about a better
gcc assembly syntax. gcc inline assembly is far too much of a black art
currently and I think this doesn't really need to be the case.

-Andi