Re: info

alex bohemia wrote:

>i was looking at the latest update for the gcj
>compiler, i was wondering why tell this moment the awt
>was not implemented when gnu could use kaffe libs or
>manta's libs which already generates machine code??
>as far as i know both kaffe and manta are free
>software.

The kaffe AWT's license is pure-GPL, unlike libgcj/classpath which is
GPL+linking exception. This means that you can link/run any code with
libgcj, regardless of the license of that code.

Manta uses the kaffe AWT, however their partial swing implementation was
written by them and has already been contributed to classpath.

IMO, the "peerless" design of the kaffe AWT is not ideal for libgcj
anyhow, so we might not want to use it even if there wasn't a license issue.

regards

Bryce.