This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.0.4 successful build on solaris 2.9
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: George dot R dot Goffe at seagate dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:17:23 -0800
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.0.4 successful build on solaris 2.9
- References: <OF4AE3B8B3.20998005-ON88256B80.007CC861@notes.seagate.com>
On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:44:57PM -0800, George.R.Goffe@seagate.com wrote:
> I built 3.0.4 with 3.0.3 and then built 3.0.4 using itself. NO binutils!!!
> 32 bit...
> gcc -v
> Reading specs from
> Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr/lsd/SunOS.5.8 --verbose
> --x-includes=/usr/openwin/include --x-libraries=/usr/openwin/lib
> --with-libiconv-path=/usr/lsd/SunOS.5.9/lib --enable-libgcj
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.0.4
George and I have had some e-mail problems with my follow-up questions
about his build report, so I'll include his new information here and
reference this message from the build status list.
His clarifications from private mail:
> I built a 3.0.4 on solaris 2.8 and copied the whole install (prefix)
> directory to the solaris 2.9 system.
> Then I built the 3.0.4 with that version including "make bootstrap" with
> the same config parameters. I did a make install and then I removed all
> build products and built 3.0.4 again with the newly built 3.0.4.
> The output of config.guess says sparc-sun-solaris2.9.