Re: Building gcc3.0.3 on AS/400

>>>>> sita raman writes:

Seetha> I am trying to build gcc on AS/400(V4R5). I had gone through the list of
Seetha> successful builds of GCC and I couldn't find one for AS/400. The
Seetha> configuration and build documents doesn't have a mention of AS/400 anywhere.
Seetha> When I tried to run configure with
Seetha> configure --host=as400-os400  I am getting the error config.sub not found. I
Seetha> am a clueless in this regard as to what parameters I need to provide for
Seetha> AS/400. It would be very helpful if some one can suggest me what to do and
Seetha> hoe to configure and build gcc on AS/400.

        Modern AS/400s are based on the PowerPC chip, which GCC supports.

        Programs which run under OS/400, the operating systems for AS/400
(now iSeries), use an intermediate language which the OS translates at
runtime.  GCC does not generate programs for the intermediate language of
OS/400.

        Basically, GCC does support the underlying hardware, but not the
OS/400 OS and environment.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-04/msg01126.html

David