Re: Question?

>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Kary <jkary@cisco.com> writes:

Jason> I had a quick question about GCJ?  I've been looking through
Jason> the doucmentation and I can seem to find an answer to the
Jason> question of Memory Management.  One drawback with Java is it's
Jason> JVM concept uses a LOT of memory resources by creating a JVM
Jason> for each application.  If I were to compile my java code using
Jason> GCJ would I gain the benifit of not have a JVM/sandbox for each
Jason> application and in essence allow the OS to do the memory
Jason> management for me????

With libgcj you still have a JVM for each process.  However, you'll
probably use less memory because the core class libraries are in a
shared library; the memory used by this library will be shared among
all the processes using it.

Tom