Re: GCC to open the C++ demangle API?

>     > I don't believe this either.  We used some of his code once,
>     > and he gave us his explicit cooperation with that.
>
>     I don't think "We used some of his code once" is an appropriate thing
>     to say, given that the Bison manual and AUTHORS file says
>
> The words are appropriate.  The code we used with Corbett's explicit
> cooperation is in fact the core of Bison, but its identity was not
> relevant to the point I made.

But you were objecting to David O'Brien claiming (falsely) that Bison was
a ripoff of Byacc.  Given this, you should have said, in your first
message, as you do now, that "The code we used with Corbett's explicit
cooperation is in fact the core of Bison", and your claim that this is not
relevant to the point you made is false.  You were answering an accusation
that Bison ripped off byacc.  In doing so, you suggested by your wording
that Corbett's contribution to Bison was minor.  The reason O'Brien is
wrong is because you and Corbett willingly collaborated to produce Bison,
and the Bison documentation properly credits his contribution, not because
"We used some of his code once"

> I was well aware of all these facts when I carefully chose my words.
> By the way, I obtained the original version of Bison directly from
> Corbett in January 1984.

Exactly.  I only regret that your first message did not include this
material, as I then would not have needed to prompt you to get you to set
the record properly straight.

David, you can apologize now any time you want.