Re: GCC 3.1 issues document.

--On Wednesday, March 06, 2002 11:00:38 PM +0100 Jakub Jelinek
<> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 01:11:47PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> In the past, I've kept a private list of the oustanding issues for
>> a release, but there's no reason not to make it public.
>> So, here it is:
>> Please do not modify this document without my approval or you'll
>> frazzle my brain even more than usual.
>> Hopefully, we'll be able to create a "Closed Issues" section soon.
> Do not know what's needed to change Unverified state to Verified.
> target/5312 definitely still fails.

"Unverified" means that I have not yet verified that the problem is
really a regression.  That's something I've found it best to do
myself.  So, it doesn't mean that we don't know it's a bug -- it
means that we don't know how badly we need to try to fix it.

It's not that I don't believe you -- I do -- it's just that I like
to check.

> I'd like to add 2 new items to that list:

> c/5354 - regression from 2.95.x - a patch for this was posted
> 	 without reaction
> c++/5857 - regression from 3.0.x

OK.  I'll add them shortly.

Mark Mitchell