This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [David Mosberger <email@example.com>] problem with unwind info for .init/.fini sections
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: davidm at hpl dot hp dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com,GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 23:22:01 -0800
- Subject: Re: [David Mosberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>] problem with unwind info for .init/.fini sections
- References: <email@example.com> <20020302112708.A29383@lucon.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020302122820.A30304@lucon.org> <email@example.com> <20020302125350.A30699@lucon.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020302134344.A31230@lucon.org> <email@example.com> <20020302140749.A31609@lucon.org>
On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 02:07:49PM -0800, H . J . Lu wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:56:56PM -0800, David Mosberger wrote:
> > >>>>> On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 13:43:44 -0800, "H . J . Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org> said:
> > HJ> I noticed 2 problems:
> > HJ> 1. glibc doesn't support .*_array in executales. elf/dl-init.c is not
> > HJ> used on executables. However, sysdeps/generic/libc-start.c doesn't
> > HJ> know how to do it. Glibc needs to be modified to call those functions
> > HJ> with __*_array_start/__*_array_end.
> > Yes, I noticed that, too. Wouldn't libc-start.c also have to call the
> > preinit array if the program is statically linked?
There is another problem. The preinit array is only allowed in
executables. ld should generate it for DSOs. We need to check