problem with register spilling

hello,

While cross compiling gcc my compilation stops while
trying to compile libgcc2.c, This compilation is for a
dummy architecture I specified in config(.md,.h,.c)
files. Still the core compiler cc1 is generated in the
build directory. When I run the cc1 compiler
./cc1 -S -dr test.c
the follwing error occurs:

test.c: In function 'main':
test.c:14: Unable to find a register to spill

(insn 40 39 4 (set (reg:SI 0 d0)
         (plus:SI (reg:SI 28 a12)
             (reg:SI 1 d1))) 2{addsi3} (nil)
     (nil))

what could be causing this? Intersetingly enough I
have cross compiled on another machine with the same
config files. The compialtion stops at the same point
as the first pc I compiled on but when I compile with
cc1 it gives no such problem as described above

regards,
danish