This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Linkage of GPLed GCC to Closed Source via XML or Perl
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com, mdupont777 at yahoo dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:21:17 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Linkage of GPLed GCC to Closed Source via XML or Perl
<<Also with Perl, you can just link to perl and you have
gone around the GPL.
You are making some (legally) naive assumptions here. I urge you not
to play amateur lawyer here. The GPL is a legal document. If you want
to know what it means, do not assume you can find out here. If you have
questions that go beyond the FAQ, consult an attorney!