Re: Calls to qp float lib out of sparcv9 head compiler

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 02:43:20PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> Am I hitting a known cross build problem?  Is gcc/config/sparc/freebsd.h
> in error?

You should put these symbols in your libc.  That's where Solaris
puts them, and Linux followed.  I see no reason to do otherwise
for freebsd.

> Since I am targeting only UltraSparc, should I just turn on
> HARD_QUAD for all?

No.  The HARD_QUAD instructions are defined by the architecture,
but no existing hardware implements them.  It's a bit slower to
trap to the kernel for emulation than it is to call library
routines.

r~