This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [TESTCASE] Minimized testcase for AltiVec segfault
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
- Cc: kumar dot gala at motorola dot com, degger at fhm dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:26:02 +1100
- Subject: Re: [TESTCASE] Minimized testcase for AltiVec segfault
> Why can't varargs and vector arguments be supported under the SVR4
because things won't be aligned properly. and if they were,
we'd no longer be SVR4 abi compliant.
> Isn't altivec still useful even if you can't pass vectors as
sure, but we don't need a flag to do that.
> The significant change that -mabi=altivec makes is that it expects
> called procedures to save the call-saved altivec registers. Thus, you
> can't call any non-altivec-abi procedures from an altivec-abi
> procedure safely.
this however, makes a lot of sense.
> - Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Aldy Hernandez E-mail: email@example.com
Professional Gypsy Lost in Australia
Red Hat, Inc.