Re: [TESTCASE] Minimized testcase for AltiVec segfault

on 2/27/02 10:07 PM, Aldy Hernandez at aldyh@redhat.com wrote:

>> void entrypoint(...)
>> {
>> #pragma altivec_vrsave allon
>> do_work();
>> }
>> ..
>
> Well if you're going to do that, why not wrap the entire
> program in:
>
> main()
> {
> asm("set all vrsave bits to on");
> do stuff
> asm("set all vrsave bits to off");
> }

If the inline assembly feature in GCC were even remotely that easy to use,
I'd agree with you.

If you're volunteering to add statement-level inline assembly support with
full scheduling and whatnot a la Metrowerks CodeWarrior, then I'm sure many
many many folks would appreciate it.

| Alexander M. Rosenberg           <mailto:alexr@_spies.com> |
| Nobody cares what I say. Remove the underscore to mail me. |