This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Recent removal of the 'aux' field in tree_common
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:52:46 +0000
- Subject: Re: Recent removal of the 'aux' field in tree_common
- References: <20020228160600.GA5835@tornado.toronto.redhat.com> <20020228175131.GA19001@codesourcery.com> <1014919263.2945.25.camel@shadowfax>
Diego Novillo wrote:-
> Sounds sensible. What about the idea I mentioned in my original
> message? We need to have analysis/optimization information in some
> trees (particularly _DECL and _STMT trees). Would adding fields to only
> those trees be OK?
This may be a side issue, but I'd really like to see some progress
towards not everthing being a "tree", but use stronger typing instead.
This would avoid the issue you bring up, and help in other areas too.