This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Recent removal of the 'aux' field in tree_common
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 28 Feb 2002 13:01:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: Recent removal of the 'aux' field in tree_common
- References: <20020228160600.GA5835@tornado.toronto.redhat.com> <20020228175131.GA19001@codesourcery.com>
On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 12:51, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> The primary reason I took it out was that it's unused on the mainline,
> and we didn't want to waste the memory in 3.1.
> I would be open to putting it back when ast-branch is merged back in,
> but I would prefer to find a way which does not increase the size of
> every tree node.
Sounds sensible. What about the idea I mentioned in my original
message? We need to have analysis/optimization information in some
trees (particularly _DECL and _STMT trees). Would adding fields to only
those trees be OK?