This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installation proposal
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:46:41 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Installation proposal
On 27 Feb 2002, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> - on most other systems, when a libtool shared library is linked with
> another libtool shared library, the latter still being in its build
> tree. Because libtool creates libraries in the build tree in such a
> way that they can be linked with and used in-place, it encodes
> build-tree pathnames into the library. Then, at install time, it
> re-links libraries such that the work in the install tree. Again,
> on HP-UX, DESTDIR installations don't work.
libtool also encodes build tree paths into the .la files it installs (e.g.
PR other/3525). Why don't those get properly regenerated at install time?
Is there a security issue here?
Joseph S. Myers