This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [TESTCASE] Minimized testcase for AltiVec segfault
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:58:57 -0800
- Subject: Re: [TESTCASE] Minimized testcase for AltiVec segfault
--On Wednesday, February 27, 2002 05:43:23 PM -0800 Geoff Keating
> Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 07:10:38PM -0500, David Edelsohn wrote:
>> > If you try to enable individual options
>> > and don't know what you are doing, use at your own risk.
>> Which suggests either removing the options or naming
>> them -mdebug-power etc.
> David's comment applies to every option that GCC has; there's no need
> to go around renaming -funroll-all-loops to -fdebug-unroll-all-loops
> just because it's sometimes ineffective or dangerous.
But if I had my way that option, and many other optimization knobs,
would not exist at all in released versions of GCC!
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com